Re: : PostgreSQL Online Backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: : PostgreSQL Online Backup
Date
List pgsql-general
On October 3, 2011 05:33:35 AM Venkat Balaji wrote:
> Did anyone observe this behavior ?? Please help !
>
> This is critical for us. I want to recommend not to use "rsync" (use cp or
> scp instead) for production backup.

rsync works fine. Why exactly can't the recovery find the backed up copy of
000000010000053900000076? Please post your archive_command settings, the
contents of any script(s) called by that, and the recovery.conf file you're
using that's having problems, as well as the complete process you followed to
initiate recovery. I strongly suspect you're missing part of the process of
actually saving the WAL files needed for recovery.