Re: : PostgreSQL Online Backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Venkat Balaji
Subject Re: : PostgreSQL Online Backup
Date
List pgsql-general

The recovery is unable to find the WAL archive because, it was generated on 26th September.

Whereas the backup is as taken on Oct 2nd, 2011. We deleted all the files.

I do not have that WAL archive copy.

The problem area -

I found that a pg_clog file dated 26th Sep, 2011 is not synced (its not 256K).

Thanks
VB

2011/10/3 Alan Hodgson <ahodgson@simkin.ca>
On October 3, 2011 05:33:35 AM Venkat Balaji wrote:
> Did anyone observe this behavior ?? Please help !
>
> This is critical for us. I want to recommend not to use "rsync" (use cp or
> scp instead) for production backup.

rsync works fine. Why exactly can't the recovery find the backed up copy of
000000010000053900000076? Please post your archive_command settings, the
contents of any script(s) called by that, and the recovery.conf file you're
using that's having problems, as well as the complete process you followed to
initiate recovery. I strongly suspect you're missing part of the process of
actually saving the WAL files needed for recovery.