Re: How to find freak UTF-8 character? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif Biberg Kristensen
Subject Re: How to find freak UTF-8 character?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 2. October 2011 17.54.52 Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> I may have missed it upthread, but if you haven't already would you
> consider writing up your solution for the benefit of the archives?

I did, in my own first reply to the original message:

SELECT * FROM foo WHERE bar LIKE E'%\xe2\x80\x8e%';

The trick is obviously to escape each byte in the sequence.

Maybe I'll write a blog post about it. It appears to be weakly documented, or
at least very hard to find. Or maybe it's just me being dense.

regards, Leif.