Re: BUG #6218: TRAP: FailedAssertion( "!(owner->nsnapshots == 0)", File: "resowner.c", Line: 365) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi)
Subject Re: BUG #6218: TRAP: FailedAssertion( "!(owner->nsnapshots == 0)", File: "resowner.c", Line: 365)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
hi,

> yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi) writes:
>>> There isn't terribly much we can do with this report unless you can
>>> provide a complete test case to reproduce it.
>
>> after some investigation, i think it is triggered by protocol-level prepare
>> of ROLLBACK in an aborted transaction.  does the following patch make sense?
>
> Maybe, but I'd still like to see a test case, because I can't reproduce
> any such problem by preparing ROLLBACK in an aborted transaction.

reading GetTransactionSnapshot, it seems that the problem happens
only with IsolationUsesXactSnapshot() true.
the attached program triggers the assertion failure reliably for me.

YAMAMOTO Takashi