BUG #6203: Building libpq with Visual Studio 9.0 error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Steve
Subject BUG #6203: Building libpq with Visual Studio 9.0 error
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6203
Logged by:          Steve
Email address:      argonaut@yandex.ru
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.0
Operating system:   Windows XP SP3 x32
Details:

When I'm trying to build libpq client library
with Visual Studio 9.0 (as described in documentation
section 16.2, I mean executing "nmake /f win32.mak" in
command string), linking step gives me this error:

"link.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm36.tmp
 Creating library .\Release\libpqdll.lib and object
     .\Release\libpqdll.exp
 libpq.lib(chklocale.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
      external symbol _pgwin32_setlocale referenced in
      function _pg_get_encoding_from_locale
 .\Release\libpq.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
       externals"