Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
We currently have reduced WAL logging for wal_level = minimum for these
commands:
CREATE TABLE ASCREATE INDEXCLUSTERCOPY into tables that were created or truncated in the sametransaction

One thing we don't optimize is INSERT ... SELECT when the table is
created or truncated in the same transaction.  Seems we could.

We optimize CREATE TABLE AS which is effectively SELECT ... INTO using a
different syntax.  Is this a TODO?

http://enterprisedb.com