Re: pg_class.relistemp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_class.relistemp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> With regard to this change:
>
>   http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=5f7b58fad8f45c69bb67944779dce67e2f481995
>
> I'm wondering if it would be possible to restore the relistemp column
> to pg_class, at least for backwards compatibility, so that apps that
> expected it can continue to work on both 9.0 and 9.1. Even if it's
> read-only somehow, and the same as `relpersistence <> 't'`.

Uh, that is going to require an initdb, and it is unlinkely we are going
to need that this far into 9.1 beta.  Also, we don't normally keep
system table columns around for backward compatibility because of the
confusion it can cause, e.g. which column do I look at?

-- Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://enterprisedb.com