Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table

From: Alan Hodgson
Subject: Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table
Date: ,
List: pgsql-general

Tree view

Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Rich Shepard, )
 Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Alan Hodgson, )
  Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Rich Shepard, )
   Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Alan Hodgson, )
    Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Rich Shepard, )
     Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Alan Hodgson, )
      Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Rich Shepard, )
       Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (John R Pierce, )
        Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Rich Shepard, )
     Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  ("David Johnston", )
 Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (John R Pierce, )
  Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  (Rich Shepard, )
 Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  ("David Johnston", )
 Re: Add Foreign Keys To Table  ("Dr. Tingrong Lu", )

On July 7, 2011 12:30:35 PM Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Alan Hodgson wrote:
> > It implies the composite is unique. Not sta_type.
>
>    OK. Now I understand. How, then, do I add a unique constraint to each
> component of the composite key so I can add them as foreign keys to the
> station_information table? Or, is there another way to add those two
> columns to station_information and then add the foreign key constraints?
>
> Thanks for clarifying,

create unique index index_name on table (column).

Or I think you can create a foreign key on a composite like "foreign key
(column1,column2) references table (column1,column2)" which probably makes
more sense if that is a natural key.