Re: change data type 'money' to '€' - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jean-Yves F. Barbier
Subject Re: change data type 'money' to '€'
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:15:23 +0200, Mäggi Hieber <mhieber@sunrise.ch> wrote:

> In our project table we have a column with costs, using data typ
> "money". By default PostgreSQL always applys '$', but we would like to
> have '€'.
> How can I change the data type "money" (currency) of a column in an
> existing table to '€'?

This is not such a good idea to use currencies' shortcuts, specially if your
program is to be internationalized or used with another currency (eg: there's
no shortcut for Swiss Franc) - for these reasons, you'd better use 3 letters
ISO-4217 codes http://www.xe.com/iso4217.php

--
Body by Nautilus, Brain by Mattel.