Re: Locking out a user after several failed login attempts - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jean-Yves F. Barbier
Subject Re: Locking out a user after several failed login attempts
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:43:00 -0400, Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, we're logging all connections to the database.

I'm interested into that (you can it send to me as a PM.)

So, you just have to add a counter to your login table:
      +------------------------------------+
      |                                    |
login attempt-----good----reset CTR to 1   |
      |                                    |
     bad                                   |
      |                                    |
   CTR += 1                                |

     yes

 revoke connect from bastarduser (until manually re-granted by dbA)
 trigger alarm in security dpt
 send 450kV into user's keyboard

--
Q:    What do you call a half-dozen Indians with Asian flu?
A:    Six sick Sikhs (sic).