Re: WIP pgindent replacement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: WIP pgindent replacement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >> I haven't looked at the shell script this replaces, but is that the
> >> correct substitution pattern?  (BTW, I'm not seeing the token =-
> >> anywhere except in the Makefile, which wouldn't be run against, no?
> >> Am I missing something?)
> >>

> > It's exactly what the current script does. The reason you don't see
> > this anywhere is that previous pgindent runs have removed it. We don't
> > undo the transformation. But maybe we should just get rid of it.
> >

> Further research shows that C89 explicitly dropped support for the old
> K&R "=-" operator, so we probably *should* remove this in case it
> introduces an unintended bug.

Well, the point is if someone does use that, it isn't going to generate
a pgindent error, but rather produce incorrect C code because =- is
going to be changed.  FYI, my gcc 2.95.3 allows =- and does work as
intended.

http://enterprisedb.com