Re: dump from 9.0 to 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: dump from 9.0 to 8.3
Date
List pgsql-admin
Στις Monday 20 June 2011 18:46:33 γράψατε:
> Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
>
> > is there any quick and dirty (or otherwise easy way) to have a
> > smooth procedure to load into a 8.3 server data dumped by an 9.0
> > server ?
> >
> > I tried with pg_dump -i from the 8.3 server without good results.
>
> Your best bet might be to dump using the 9.0 pg_dump and then see
> where the errors are on the load attempt, and edit the file as
> needed.

For the moment, from the server running 9.0,

ALTER DATABASE dynacom SET bytea_output = 'escape';
pg_dump dynacom | sed 's/CREATE OR REPLACE/CREATE/g' | bzip2 | ssh 10.9.200.254 "bzcat | psql dynacom -f -"

seem to do the trick, till now at least, the restore is not yet complete.

--
Achilleas Mantzios