Re: Identifying no-op length coercions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Identifying no-op length coercions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:57:13PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> > Sounds good. ?Updated patch attached, incorporating your ideas. ?Before applying
> > it, run this command to update the uninvolved pg_proc.h DATA entries:
> > ?perl -pi -e 's/PGUID(\s+\d+){4}/$& 0/' src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h
>
> This doesn't quite apply any more.  I think the pgindent run broke it slightly.

Hmm, I just get two one-line offsets when applying it to current master.  Note
that you need to run the perl invocation before applying the patch.  Could you
provide full output of your `patch' invocation, along with any reject files?

Thanks,
nm