Re: pg_upgrade using appname to lock out other users - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pg_upgrade using appname to lock out other users
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Right, we will re-check at the time they do the actual upgrade.  This
> was requested so people can prepare for the real upgrade without having
> to stop their live server.

Exactly.  A very good thing to have, and something which I needed and
would have been very upset to not have.  My case was PostGIS being in
the old cluster and not available in the new cluster.  I had to fix that
before moving forward, but I'm glad that didn't require shutting down
the old cluster to find out.
Thanks,
    Stephen