Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation
Date
Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation
List pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, I'm pretty well convinced this whole approach is a dead end.
> Priming the OS buffer cache seems way more useful.  I also think
> saving the blocks to be read rather than the actual blocks makes a lot
> more sense.

Well, his proposal works on any platforms PostgreSQL supports. On the
other hand PgFincore works on Linux only. Who wants Linux only tool be
in core?

Also I really want to see the performance comparison between these two
approaches in the real world database.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan