Re: extracting location info from string - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz
Subject Re: extracting location info from string
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 23 May 2011 00:25:16 -0400
Lew <noone@lewscanon.com> wrote:

>That isn't a table structure, that's a freeform text structure.  You
>didn't state your question, Tarlika, but your database structure is
>terrible.  For example, "region" and "country" should be different
>columns.

I presume you are referring to my original post:
CREATE TABLE person
( id integer NOT NULL, "name" character varying(256) NOT NULL, "location" character varying(256), CONSTRAINT
person_pkeyPRIMARY KEY (id)

);

Sorry, this was just a TEMPORARY table I created for quick analysis of
my CSV data (now renamed to temp_person).

The target table is:
CREATE TABLE person
( id integer NOT NULL, "name" character varying(100) NOT NULL, country character varying(3), county character
varying(3),town character varying(50), CONSTRAINT trainer_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id), CONSTRAINT country_person_fk FOREIGN
KEY(country)     REFERENCES country (id) MATCH SIMPLE     ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE RESTRICT, CONSTRAINT
county_person_fkFOREIGN KEY (country, county)     REFERENCES county (country, code) MATCH SIMPLE     ON UPDATE NO
ACTIONON DELETE NO ACTION,

);

--

Best Regards,