Re: implementing check-in/check-out of an items table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: implementing check-in/check-out of an items table
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 08:41:06AM -0500, Seb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implementing the checking in and checking out of items in
> a table, whereby an item cannot be checked out if it's not checked-in.
> I've searched for schemas for public libraries where this is a key
> requirement, but haven't managed to hit the right keywords to get
> relevant results.

It could be that your analogy there is a little too simple (library
management systems' circulation modules are often incredibly
complicated, because of the different classes of restriction on
circulation).  Nevertheless, there is a system built atop Postgres or
SQLite: http://biblioteq.sourceforge.net/index.html.  I'm unable to
find the license, though the web page says it's "open source".

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca