Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mitsuru IWASAKI
Subject Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation
Date
Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, folks!

> I'll do more testing tomorrow, and hopefully finalize my patch.

Done!  the patch is available at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/postgres/buffer-cache-hibernation-postgresql-20110508.patch

I hope this would be committable and the final version.
Major changes from the experimental implementation are the following.

- add many validations against hibernation file corruption and etc.
- restore buffer blocks based on buffer descriptors, not from the saved file.
- support restoring cache state even if shared_buffers had changed.

My vacation ends today and I have to go back my work from tomorrow,
but I would try to find spare time for this.

Thanks a lot for happy hacking days with you!