Re: WIP patch: collation assignment algorithm rewrite - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: WIP patch: collation assignment algorithm rewrite
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 05:22:39PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Attached is a WIP patch to split the expression-tree representation of
> collations into separate fields for input and output collation, and to
> replace the parser's current method of assigning collations with a
> recursive post-pass.  I need to read over it again before committing,
> but I think it's pretty close to ready.

I've looked over the main code and it looks good. While I'm not totally
conviced it has to be done as a seperate pass, this way is exceedingly
readable and clear as to what is going on, which makes me much more
confident of its correctness.

Thanks for going over this.

Have a nice day,