Re: Build error: math library not linked - Mailing list psycopg

From P. Christeas
Subject Re: Build error: math library not linked
Date
List psycopg
On Monday 14 March 2011, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> On 14/03/11 13:59, P. Christeas wrote:
> > Do you use -Wl,no-undefined at the linker? My problem is at that step,
> > and I highly suspect that if I hadn't had that, the binary (psycopg.so)
> > would still run against the python binary (because python will load libm
> > anyway).
>
> In fact compiling with --no-undefined throws a lot of errors. Can I ask
> you why you use it? If it is the correct thing to do we should add
> --no-undefined to all builds and pull in the right libraries.

Found the reference:
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Underlinking#ld_option_--no-undefined
The paragraphs above that explain the rationale.

I stick with their policy (carried over to Mageia, now) and wish that our
build instructions fit that.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!