Re: PostgreSQL for Holdem Manager could not be installed. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for Holdem Manager could not be installed.
Date
Re: PostgreSQL for Holdem Manager could not be installed.  ("David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:31:17 am Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > The larger question is whether these forums should be used to help
> > people get support for commercial products that embed Postgres.
>
> I have no particular philosophical objection to helping people using
> Holdem Manager -- I'd venture most people posting here asking for help
> are working on commercial software, and I'd prefer people to come away
> from this forum with a positive impression.
>
> It's not like we are getting 100 emails a day on this stuff.  This is
> a participatory environment -- so what's the fuss?

Not only that, but should a particular product show up consistently it becomes
an opportunity, for those on this list that do offer commercial support, to make
a 'warm' call.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com