Re: BUG #5923: Build problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From C.S. Johnson
Subject Re: BUG #5923: Build problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pt;">You were right. Although it defies reason that the flex that has =
worked all this time for other versions of pg is broken, the latest Windows=
 version fixed the problem. Hats off.Nice release=
, too. My customer is betting the house on fdw.<di=
v>Charlie ...
solid blue; margin-left: 8px; padding-left: 8px; font-size: 10pt; color: bl=
ack; font-family: verdana;">

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5923: Build problem
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us</=
a>>
Date: Wed, March 09, 2011 9:22 pm
To: "charles johnson" <<a href=3D"mailto:cjohnson@valverdecomputing.com"=
>cjohnson@valverdecomputing.com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org<=
/a>

"charles johnson" <cjo=
hnson@valverdecomputing.com> writes:
>   Build started: Project: postgres, Configuration: Release|Win32
>   Running bison on src\backend\replication\repl_gram.y
>           1 file(s) copied.
>   Running flex on src\backend\replication\repl_scanner.l
>   flex: fatal internal error, exec failed

You seem to have a rather broken version of flex :-(

However, if you were building from a distribution tarball you really
shouldn't have needed flex at all.  [ pokes around... ]  Oh, it looks
like the replication bison/flex output files aren't actually in the
tarballs after all.  Grumble.  I can fix that part at least.  But
you still ought to try to find a non-broken flex.

            regards, tom lane