Re: Transaction wraparound vacuum synchronicity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Transaction wraparound vacuum synchronicity
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 10:52:25AM +0000, Michael Graham wrote:
> Perhaps I should just force a vacuum on some of the tables the break it?

It seems to me that you might want to VACUUM FREEZE the table when it
becomes read-only.  (I note that FREEZE is deprecated according to the
9.0 manual.  Too bad, that, because it seems to me that this is a use
case where one might want to put a thumb on the scale, and having to
twiddle a parameter just to affect one table is kind of
user-unfriendly.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca