Re: SSI bug? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dan Ports
Subject Re: SSI bug?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 07:07:42PM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Was there test cases for any of the issues fixed by this patch that we
> should add to the suite?

Some of these issues are tricky to test, e.g. some of the code about
transferring predicate locks to a new target doesn't get exercised
unless an index page gets split while there are concurrent
transactions holding locks on that page.

I have not been able to find a good way to test these other than
system-level testing using a concurrent workload (usually the DBT-2
benchmark). I'd certainly be open to suggestions!

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/