Re: quotes etc - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kenneth Marshall
Subject Re: quotes etc
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:26:41PM -0800, John Fabiani wrote:
> Hi,
> I would have thought that there would be a simple built-in function that would
> escape the quotes as ('D' Andes')  to ('D\' Andes').  But I did not see
> anything?
>
> I am I wrong?
>
> Johnf

The manual goes over many permutations of the escape process and
what options can be used in each case. I would start there, because
for example, escaping a "'" in SQL uses two "'"s: i.e. 'D' Andes'
becomes 'D'' Andes' I think. Procedural languages and libpq can
offer many other options for escape processing.

Cheers,
Ken