Re: Worst case scenario of a compromised non super-user PostgreSQL user account - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Worst case scenario of a compromised non super-user PostgreSQL user account
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:44:05AM +0300, Allan Kamau wrote:

> A web application requires a dedicated PostgreSQL database in which to
> create tables and other database objects and manipulate data within
> this single database.

Why does the web application need to create tables?

I usually prefer to have two accounts: one owns the objects, and
another that has INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE and so on permissions.

If the application is creating tables, you might want to ask yourself why.

Other than that, what others said.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca