BUG #5890: malloc error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Emmanuel
Subject BUG #5890: malloc error
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5890
Logged by:          Emmanuel
Email address:      tuco@pasteur.fr
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system:   Mac OSX 10.6.6
Details:

When I type a select query and then push the 'tab' key for table name
completion (without) schema name, if there more than one table starting with
the same prefix, I get this error:

legiobiblio=# select pmid from pub<tab>
psql(41402) malloc: *** error for object 0x4: pointer being freed was not
allocated
Abort trap

I have more than one table starting with 'pub...'
- publications
- pub_genes
- pub_org
- pub_auths

However if I precise the schema name like 'public.pub..' and press 'tab'
key, then I get list of table matching the beginning of my table name:

legiobiblio=# select pmid from public.pub<tab>
public.pub_auths     public.pub_genes     public.pub_org
public.publications
legiobiblio=# select pmid from public.pub

hope my message is clear enough.

Cheers