Re: UDT arrays - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Radosław Smogura
Subject Re: UDT arrays
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Sorry for late answer.

I rolled my own driver, because of

1) I added support for some functionality I was required for production system
sefety (e.g. statement timeout), and some for performance (binary mode
support), many of those was inspirated by post in this forum (better memory
usage for large objectes, UDT, etc...), I've done some bug fix of those what I
saw, just, in code, without any direct bug notify. Actually I was affected by
one of those bugs, and I didn't realasied this, I rewritten many parts of app,
because I thought it is my problem. As well many JDBC4 functionality is
missing, in few places implementation ended at JDBC2/3 and from other hand,
JDBC 4.1 will income.
2) I gave sources few monthes ago, but those were forgotten.

As well I want to add profesional support (bugzilla, etc)...

Thanks for notify about link. It is only "framework" of support system, and
actually all links there points to "ddd"- 404. I know it's realy
unprofessional..., but I was in need to "correct" glassfish too. Check in
month or two. Everything should work prefectly.

From other side future of this driver isn't for me clear, because I don't
exactly know in which direction PG will come. I choosed PG as free DB from
performance reasons when it was 7.x, It was faster then MySQL and had low
resource needs.

About Google... better is Kenai, Sourceforge, etc - G has quite interesting
licenses, especially when you read license for search engines, gmail, chrome
and connect them together.

Lukas Eder <lukas.eder@gmail.com> Monday 14 February 2011 13:20:56