Re: REVIEW: WIP: plpgsql - foreach in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: REVIEW: WIP: plpgsql - foreach in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
> FOR keyword - please, look on thread about my proposal FOR-IN-ARRAY

I did, and I still don't agree w/ using FOREACH.

> I work with FOUND variable, because I like a consistent behave with
> FOR statement. When FOUND is true after cycle, you are sure, so there
> was a minimally one iteration.

Then the documentation around FOUND needs to be updated for FOREACH, and
there's probably other places that need to be changed too.

> > There also appears to be some extra whitespace changes that aren't
> > necessary and a number of places where you don't follow the indentation
> > conventions (eg: variable definitions in exec_stmt_foreach_a()).
>
> I am really not sure about correct indentation of variables :(, if you
> know a correct number of spaces, please, fix it.

It's not a matter of a 'correct number of space'- make it the same as
what it is in the rest of the code...  The gist of it is to make the
variable names all line up (with maximum use of tabs at 4-spaces per
tab, of course):

int         my_var;
char       *my_string;
double      my_double;