Re: REVIEW: WIP: plpgsql - foreach in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: REVIEW: WIP: plpgsql - foreach in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Uh oh.  You just reopened the can of worms from hell.

Alright..  I'm missing what happened to this suggestion of using:

FOR var in ARRAY array_expression ...

I like that a lot more than inventing a new top-level keyword, for the
same reasons that Tom mentioned: using a different initial keyword
makes it awkward to make generic statements about "all types of FOR
loop" (as I noticed while looking through the documentation changes that
should be made for this); and also some of the other comments about how
FOREACH doesn't give you any clue that this is some
array-specific-FOR-loop-thingy.
Thanks,
    Stephen