Re: One Role, Two Passwords - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Garick Hamlin
Subject Re: One Role, Two Passwords
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 08:55:42PM -0500, Daniel Farina wrote:
> The problem is that running a reliable,
> centralized LDAP service is not justifiable as compared to role
> mangling on a per-node level, and the role mangling seems has some
> shortcomings that are negotiable with gritted teeth.

Wandering slightly off-topic here...

I often find RADIUS is an easier way to setup a highly available
(and perhaps too flexible) AuthN/AuthZ service, but I've never used
PG's RADIUS implementation.   I was curious and I took a look at
the documentation...

I can't tell if PG supports querying a secondary RADIUS server?

I don't see how I would do it with the syntax here ...
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/auth-methods.html

Are multiple servers not supported?

Garick