Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:57:23AM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 17:46 -0500, Noah Misch wrote:
>
> > I'll go ahead and mark the patch Returned with Feedback.
>
> My understanding of the meaning of that is polite rejection. If you do
> that there is no further author comment and we move to July 2011. That
> then also rejects your own patch with what you say is an alternative
> implementation...
>
> Is that what you wish? That isn't what I wish, either way. I suggest you
> mark it Waiting on Author, so we can discuss it further.

Before I consider my wishes too carefully, I've moved the patch back to Waiting
on Author, for the reason that it seems wrong to force it elsewhere today as
long as the author (you) would like it there.  Not that I have some kind of
authority over patch disposition in any case.

I had put it straight to RWF because it seemed clearly not intended to be
applied.  No political statement or harm intended, and maybe that determination
was not even correct.

nm