Re: pg_basebackup for streaming base backups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: pg_basebackup for streaming base backups
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
>> What I'm worried about is the case where a tablespace is created
>> under the $PGDATA directory.
>
> What would be the sense of that?  If you're concerned about whether the
> code handles it correctly, maybe the right solution is to add code to
> CREATE TABLESPACE to disallow it.

I'm not sure why that's the right solution. Why do you think that we should
not create the tablespace under the $PGDATA directory? I'm not surprised
that people mounts the filesystem on $PGDATA/mnt and creates the
tablespace on it.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao