REVIEW: WIP: plpgsql - foreach in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject REVIEW: WIP: plpgsql - foreach in
Date
Re: REVIEW: WIP: plpgsql - foreach in  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
> attached patch contains a implementation of iteration over a array:

I've gone through this patch and, in general, it looks pretty reasonable
to me.  There's a number of places where I think additional comments
would be good and maybe some variable name improvments.  Also, my
changes should be reviewed to make sure they make sense.

Attached is a patch against master which includes my changes, and a
patch against Pavel's patch, so he can more easily see my changes and
include them if he'd like.

I'm going to mark this returned to author with feedback.

commit 30295015739930e68c33b29da4f7ef535bc293ea
Author: Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
Date:   Wed Jan 19 17:58:24 2011 -0500

    Clean up foreach-in-array PL/PgSQL code/comments

    Minor clean-up of the PL/PgSQL foreach-in-array patch, includes
    some white-space cleanup, grammar fixes, additional errhint where
    it makes sense, etc.

    Also added a number of 'XXX' comments asking for clarification
    and additional comments on what's happening in the code.

commit f1a02fe3a8fa84217dae32d5ba74e9764c77431c