Re: texteq/byteaeq: avoid detoast [REVIEW] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: texteq/byteaeq: avoid detoast [REVIEW]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 01:05:11PM -0600, Andy Colson wrote:
> This is a review of:
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=468

Thanks!

> I created myself a more real world test, with a table with indexes and id's and a large toasted field.

> This will make about 600 records within the same xgroup.  As well as a simple 'c15' type of value in c we can search
for. My thinking is you may not know the exact unique id, but you do know what group its in, so that'll cut out 90% of
therecords, and then you'll have to add " and c = 'c15'" to get the exact one you want.

Good to have a benchmark like that, rather than just looking at the extrema.