Re: Add support for logging the current role - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Add support for logging the current role
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> +1 for choosing something more mnemonic than "%o", btw.

Alright, not to be *too* ridiculous about this, but I'm feeling like
'%R' might be better than '%U', if we don't mind overloading a single
letter based on case.  I've always been annoyed at the lack of
distinction between 'user' and 'role' in our docs and feel it does lead
to some confusion.

Updated patch attached, if people agree.  Compiles, passes regressions,
works as advertised, etc.

commit bba27fe63702405514ed2c3bb72b70cc178f9ce1
Author: Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
Date:   Wed Jan 12 10:38:24 2011 -0500

    Change log_line_prefix for current role to %R

    As we're going for a mnemonic, and this is really about roles
    instead of users, change log_line_prefix argument to %R from
    %U for current_role.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment