Re: Add support for logging the current role - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Add support for logging the current role
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > Minor enhancement, but a valuable one imv.  Hopefully there aren't any
> > issues with it. :)
>
> 1. Why %o?  That's not obviously mnemonic.  Perhaps %U?

r was taken? :)  I'm not sure I like %U, but in the end I don't *really*
care.  I'll update it to %U and wait for someone else to complain.

> 2. It won't be clear to people reading this what the difference is
> between %u and this.  You probably need to reword the documentation
> for the existing option as well as documenting the new one.

Fair enough.

> 3. Please attach the patch rather than including it inline, if possible.

Hrm, I could have sworn that Tom had asked for the exact opposite in the
past, but either way is fine by me.
Stephen