Re: BUG #5812: ecpg problem with array of varchar when using dimension name with length > 12 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: BUG #5812: ecpg problem with array of varchar when using dimension name with length > 12
Date
In response to BUG #5812: ecpg problem with array of varchar when using dimension name with length > 12  ("Jean-Baptiste Veslin" <jean-baptiste.veslin@meteo.fr>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 02:44:25PM +0000, Jean-Baptiste Veslin wrote:
> name with length > 12
> This problem seems to be because of the static declaration "char dim[14L]"
> in ecpg.trailer
>
> I think it wouldn't be very difficult to calculate the dimension of "dim"
> dynamically (strlen(dimension) + 2)

Thanks for spotting this, I have no idea why this fixed size limit is in there
anyway. I will remove it.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com