DISCARD ALL ; stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject DISCARD ALL ; stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,
 Looking at discard all, I was a bit suprised that 'DISCARD PLANS;' doesn't clear out cached stored procedures.  To be
honest,that's one of the main reasons I'd see to use it.  I thought there had been some discussion in the archives
relatedto invalidating stored procedure plans due to catalog or other changes, I would have thought it'd be possible to
hookinto that to do the same on a DISCARD PLANS;.

 Thoughts?  Is there an issue doing that?  It certainly seems like it'd be a lot better than what he current
documentationrequires:

 When necessary, the cache can be flushed by starting a fresh database session.
 Maybe we could use 'DISCARD PLPLANS;' or something, if people feel there needs to be a seperate way to clear those.
     Thanks,
    Stephen