From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Forums at postgresql.com.au
Date
List pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 14:46, Elliot Chance <elliotchance@gmail.com> wrote:
copy.When the mailing list gets its copy it sends a copy to the forum (because the forum is just like a subscribed
user),the parser then dissects the headers to find out where the post belongs. We already know this part works.

> >> So how does one respond to the user?
> >
> > I can't explain it any clearer, your email response goes to the mailing list and that mailing list sends a copy to
theoriginal person thats how a mailing list works. It also sends a copy to the forum which is parses you and that
personand anyone else can see the reply on the forum.

> Clearly you're not understanding my point. I don't *want* it to go to
> the list. I want to write a private email to the user who made a post
> from the forum, without having to set up and use a forum account. Just
> a simple response, just the way I can do now.
>
> But I'll leave it to somebody else to attempt to explain that, since I
> clearly am unable to get it across.

I would argue that if the person wants to use a forum, aren't they
saying they don't want to be contacted via email.  I think we just throw
it only to the forum (that is the user) and leave it that.  Forum users
don't get the _rich_ email experience.  ;-)