git diff script is not portable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject git diff script is not portable
Date
Re: git diff script is not portable
List pgsql-hackers
Looking here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git

the script we recommend for doing context diffs for git,
git-external-diff, is not portable:
http://anarazel.de/pg/git-external-diff

It uses diff -L, which is not supported by FreeBSD, and I imagine many
other operating systems.

If we want people to use this to produce context diffs, we should
provide a portable script.  I can modify it to be portable, but it is
currently hosted on some other site.  How should I handle this?    How
do I contact the author, or perhaps I should create a new on on
ftp.postgresql.org and link to that.

Comments?

http://enterprisedb.com