Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif Biberg Kristensen
Subject Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically
Date
Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically  (franrtorres77 <franrtorres77@gmail.com>)
Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically  (Allan Kamau <kamauallan@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 14. November 2010 13.44.53 franrtorres77 wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I need to add periodically some data from a remote mysql database into our
> postgresql database. So, does anyone know how to do it having in mind that
> it must be runned every minute or so for adding new records to the
> postresql?

It should be trivial to write a Perl script that pulls the data from MySQL,
inserts them into PostgreSQL, and then goes to sleep for 60 seconds.

regards,
Leif B. Kristensen