Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 14 November 2010 4:44:53 am franrtorres77 wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I need to add periodically some data from a remote mysql database into our
> postgresql database. So, does anyone know how to do it having in mind that
> it must be runned every minute or so for adding new records to the
> postresql?
>
> Best regards
> --

Some questions.
1) Are you only pulling records from the MySQL db that are not in the Pg db?
What about previously pulled records that have changed in MySQL, are the
changes going to be propagated to Pg?
What about deleted records?
2) As mentioned in another post what about data cleanup?
For instance MySQL '00-00-000' date, or empty string in integer fields?

I have done this using a Python script. Not on a minute to minute basis, but I
could see doing it either using sleep() or by calling the script in a cron job.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com