pg_hba LDAP Authentication syntax - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Kerr
Subject pg_hba LDAP Authentication syntax
Date
List pgsql-general
Howdy,

I was hoping someone could help me with ye olde ldap authentication syntax.

I'm currently using PG 8.3.9 and an upgrade is not an option.

Now, that being said, since i'm very new to LDAP i decided to use PG 9 to experiment with
since it looks like it has an easier syntax.

So what i've got working in PG9 is the following:
<hba stuff>    ldap ldapserver=w.x.y.z ldapbinddn="cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=com" ldapbindpasswd="password"
ldapbasedn="ou=postgresql,dc=domain,dc=com"

I'm trying to translate that to the old syntax of:
<hba stuff>    ldap "ldap://w.x.y.z/ou=postgresql,dc=domain,dc=com;<stuff>"

basically, i don't know how to fit cn=admin and ldapbindpassword into that string.

Thanks

Dave