BUG #5612: Database Integrity - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ramachandran S
Subject BUG #5612: Database Integrity
Date
Re: BUG #5612: Database Integrity  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5612
Logged by:          Ramachandran S
Email address:      nic.srama@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   Ubuntu
Details:

I have observed that if a table exceeds size (default installation) 1 GB.
The table when it exceeds 1 GB a file is created say 1811(table) with 1811.1
and further records added are insertted into this file.  My Question if I
remove the file 1811.1 say still database is starting up?   I will never
know that such a file existed nad remved and data of 1811 is also availble?
How can stop the start the database when such situation recur. pgfsck was
available 8.2