Re: 9.0 Driver - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From John T. Dow
Subject Re: 9.0 Driver
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
There is, I believe, a problem with the JDBC driver in that it gives very poor performance doing a refreshRow. The
problemis that the driver queries the server for every column in the resultset.

I implemented a quick and dirty fix by modifying the driver to (on demand) use the labels returned in the resultset.

This solution of course will fail if the original query used an alias for a column. Other than that, it seems to be a
goodsolution.

Apparently I am the only one who uses refreshrow, because I reported the fact that it was slow in January (and there
wasa little discussion) but when in April I reported my crude solution there was no discussion.

John