BUG #5601: cannot create language plperl; - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Rene Novotny
Subject BUG #5601: cannot create language plperl;
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5601
Logged by:          Rene Novotny
Email address:      novotny_r@egp.cz
PostgreSQL version: 9.0 beta 4
Operating system:   Win 7 64 bit
Details:

ERROR: Could not load library
c:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/plperl.dll
unknown error 126

For a memory reasons we need to use 64 bit Windows
postgresql , you finally made one.
But when we installed Activestate 64 bit perl 5.12 perl
( for 64 bit postgres i suppose 64 bit perl )
it doesn't work. We have thousands of Postgres
 plperl functions and without working plperl we need to throw away years of
work. For us this is a serious bug
 in PostgreSQL functionality ( plperl and plperlu is the best language that
postgres has over all commercial databases ). Please let me know , with what
perl you compiled the plperl.dll on windows ( i suppose that ActiveState ).
Before the final release of Postgres 9.0 we have to have it solved otherwise
it is a disaster for planning engaging Postgres in the infrastructure of our
company.

Thhanks a lot

Rene Novotny
UJV REZ software development