Too problems when using Postgresql8.3.7,Please help! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard
Subject Too problems when using Postgresql8.3.7,Please help!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
1.To add live HA  to PG, I transfer WAL of a database instance(Primary node) to another database instance (standby
node)at real time, and keep startup alive in standby node to recovery WAL online,so that standby node can be a hot
standby.ButI got some trouble. When standby node switch to primary mode to accept connections, of course after startup
initilizethe WAL and exit, the postgres process ereport(ERROR when mdread function enter ERROR branch, and I got
messagelike this "could not read block X of     relation X/X/X: read only %d of %d bytes". I spent two days to figure
outwhat happened, but it is too hard.Please help me.

2. When restore data from a LIVE backup , I got message like "unexpected pageaddr %X/%X in log file %u, segment %u,
offset%u" "WAL ends before end time of backup dump". It seems  the WAL was

corrupted. I found the LSN where the error occured contained the wrong pageaddr, the pageaddr was 8K before it's real
address.Whatwas wrong?

Richard
2010-08-03