BUG #5587: Installer non-default file association problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Mike Parfitt
Subject BUG #5587: Installer non-default file association problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5587
Logged by:          Mike Parfitt
Email address:      m_parfitt@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4.1
Operating system:   Windows XP SP3
Details:

When the installer halts showing "Initialising the database cluster (this
may take a few minutes)" message it may be because that PC has a non-default
.bat file association.

In my case, I used Process Explorer and looked at the other processes it had
spawned :-

    postgresql-8.4.4-1-windows.exe
        cscript.exe
            UEDIT32.exe

UEDIT32.EXE (UltraEdit) is my text editor of choice.

Either the installer should test whether the .bat  file association is going
to start the right program, or the right program should be included in the
parameter passed to the .Run function.