BUG #5544: Bug while loading the csv file into the table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Pavani Mallampati
Subject BUG #5544: Bug while loading the csv file into the table
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5544
Logged by:          Pavani Mallampati
Email address:      pavanimallampati@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Centos
Details:

NOT WORKING
The “postgres” version I am using was mentioned below.
Postgres version:
postgres=# select version();
                                                version

---------------------------
 PostgreSQL 8.3.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.3
20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4)
(1 row)
The “gridsql” version I am using was mentioned below.
GRID version:
GridSQL -> select version();
+-------------+
| EXPRESSION5 |
+-------------+
| 1.0.0.6     |
+-------------+
1 row(s).
Creating “emp” table in grid with the syntax.
GridSQL -> create table employee_details(emp_id integer,
GridSQL -> emp_name varchar,
GridSQL -> emp_address varchar) with xrowid;
OK
And the table was successfully created.
I have a “csv” file like
[postgres@localhost ~]$ cat emp.csv
1,postgres1,newyork
2,postgres1,newyork
3,postgres1,newyork
4,postgres1,newyork
5,postgres1,newyork
6,postgres1,newyork
7,postgres1,newyork
8,postgres1,newyork
9,postgres1,newyork
10,postgres1,newyork
While loading the data into the table using the copy command then I am
getting  the error as shown below.
GridSQL -> copy employee_details from '/home/postgres/emp.csv' delimiter ','
CSV;
SQLException: ERROR: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
"newyork"
If I drop the XROWID column then the data is loaded
GridSQL -> alter table employee_details drop column xrowid;
OK
GridSQL -> copy employee_details from '/home/postgres/emp.csv' delimiter ','
CSV;
OK
WHY…………………………………………..
Please reply……………………………………..

WORKING
While working with another version it was working
Postgres version:
postgres=# select version();
                                                   version
----------------------------------
 PostgreSQL 8.3.2 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)
3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4)
(1 row)
GRID version:
GridSQL -> select version();
+---------+
| version |
+---------+
| 1.1.0.9 |
+---------+
1 row(s).
Creating “emp” table in grid with the same syntax.
GridSQL -> create table employee_details(emp_id integer,
GridSQL -> emp_name varchar,
GridSQL -> emp_address varchar) with xrowid;
OK
And the table was successfully created.
I have a “csv” file like as same as above
[postgres@localhost ~]$ cat emp.csv
1,postgres1,newyork
2,postgres1,newyork
3,postgres1,newyork